Canucks For Kids Fund
NEW GRANTING RECORD SET IN 2020.21!
Thanks to the incredible generosity of Canucks fans and partners, the Canucks for Kids Fund (CFKF) is excited to announce that 7.2 Million has been granted to charities across BC since the shutdown in March 2020. As part of the granting process, over $1.2 million has been donated to COVID-19 relief efforts.
The CFKF is dedicated to assisting charities that support children's health and wellness, foster the development of grassroots hockey and facilitate and encourage education in British Columbia. This year, the CFKF is proud to generously support its three core beneficiaries once again, including the Canucks Autism Network, Canuck Place Children's Hospice and BC Children's Hospital Foundation. More than 20 additional BC charities also received grants from the CFKF, including many that offer COVID-19 relief support to families and seniors. Please see full list below.
With this year's record fundraising total, the CFKF has now granted more than $76million to BC charities supporting kids and families since inception 35 years ago The CFKF fundraises annually through several successful events including: the Jake Milford Canucks Charity Invitational Golf Tournament, the Sports Celebrities Festival (in partnership with Special Olympics BC), the Dice & Ice Gala, the CFKF Telethon and of course the highly successful CFKF 50/50 program.
Canucks for Kids Fund 50/50 Program
- A record-breaking year, with an incredible $9.5 million in total 50/50 jackpots, with half going to the winners and half to the CFKF
- The largest jackpot of the season was a "super jackpot" on December 10, 2019 vs the Toronto Maple Leafs that saw a jackpot of $1,392,250
- Hosted three dedicated COVID-19 relief raffles during the NHL season pause that resulted in $1,386,250 in total jackpots
- Volunteers are the backbone of the program's success, with 9,102 volunteer hours logged in 2019.20
COVID-19 Relief Efforts - Emergency Grants
- The Aquilini Family, with support from the CFKF, Canucks Sports & Entertainment (CSE), the Toptable Group, and La Tablée Des Chefs have been producing 3,500 meals per week for The Salvation Army and the Strathcona Community Centre since April 2020
- Since the inception of the program, 50,908 meals have been produced by members of CSE's hospitality team and office staff
Sedin Family Foundation Legacy Project
- As announced on February 12, 2020, the CFKF and the Sedin Family Foundation (SFF) have partnered to create an annual legacy project supporting families across British Columbia.
- The first commitment to the SFF is in the amount of $131,398
With great appreciation for the Canucks for Kids Fund Board of Directors:
Paolo Aquilini - President, Canucks for Kids Fund
Chris Brumwell- Secretary/Treasurer
Dr. Paula Gordon
Alex Oxenham - Executive Director
Make a Donation
There are four ways to donate
- Call 604.899.7400
- Make a cheque to the Canucks for Kids Fund and mail to: Canucks for Kids Fund 89 West Georgia St. Rogers Arena Vancouver, B.C. V6B 0N8
Donate Through the Return-It Express Program:
- Collect your bottles & cans
- Bring your unsorted containers in transparent plastic bags to an Express Depot. To find an express depot go to https://www.return-it.ca/locations/express/
- At the Express kiosk, use the Canucks for Kids Funds account #: 855-437-3863 (85-KIDS-FUND)
- Print off tags, tag each of the bags and leave them in the drop-off area